A bit about us:
One of the top manufacturer and distributors in the food industry is looking for a high level QC Manager to lead improvement of the current quality assurance process. The ideal candidate will have a background in the food production industry.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and train QC employees
- Supervise workers engaged in inspections and testing activities
- Oversee and ensure consistent QC documentation, testing and reporting in compliance with company and regulatory standards
- Lead internal continuous improvement teams to stabilize and improve quality processes using techniques such as statistical process control (SPC)
- Collaborate with Quality team and management to reduce quality deviations, conversion loss and customer complaints.
- Collaborate with Production, Engineering, Regulatory and other interdepartmental teams, as needed.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams as needed.
- Maintain and update the Quality Manual, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and Quality Control Work Instructions.
- Interpret and spread the quality control philosophy to key company personnel.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Support customer, government and institution audits.
Is your background a
fit? We are looking for…
- 3-5 years of consumer goods industry experience
- BS Degree in Food Science or related
- HACCP training
- Proficiency with quality systems and techniques such as statistical process control (SPC), process validation, Design of Experiments (DOE), Corrective and Corrective Actions (CAPAs)