The Operations Manager of Consultations position is a
critical role ; it is a unique combination of sales, customer success
and leadership. As the owner of the Home Consultation product, you will own a
critical part of our customer experience, having responsibility to ensure that
the team provides fast and accurate solutions to our new clients looking for
complicated and sometimes urgent home services jobs. This role specifically
revolves around the Home Consultation - a unique experience offers new
clients, where a member of our team will meet them in their home and discuss
their upcoming and future home needs.
As an Operations Manager you will:
· Be an entrepreneur, starting in the field to master the
role: Own the Home Consultation experience from marketing all the way
through to reporting on outcomes, deliver rigorous analysis and constantly
improve metrics through iteration of playbooks.
· Be a people leader and lead, build, and coach a (future)
team: The vision for this role is to build the playbook, then hire a
team of exceptional associates to execute. You'll foster an environment
of collaborative colleagues through proactive effort, be a
process wizard and drive the team towards peak operational efficiency via
coaching, process improvements or innovative new solutions;.
· Bring a sense of urgency: Drive for speed and delivering
results over everything else; Challenging the status quo, and constantly in
search of better and more efficient ways of delivering customer value.
· Be a problem solver and drive the team towards ambitious metrics and
goals by: Developing playbooks for better presenting the Home Consultation
experience to new customers; Delivering excellent customer service in our
clients' homes; Preparing world-class summaries for the Pricing team to quote
and sell; Turning strangers into advocates with exceptional service.
· Be a stakeholder whisperer beyond customers and help build a respect for the
trades. Homeowners have usually had a less than stellar experience with
tradespeople. Your job is to help instill confidence and make sure we are always
using the best people for the job
What you bring to the table:
· A background in client operations (e.g., sales, customer
service, customer success, field operations management, or service delivery).
· Demonstrated track record of leadership (and leading a team) and
going above and beyond.
· Experience managing and coordinating projects or initiatives.
· A startup mindset - the ability to move fast in the face of
· Intense ownership - you're never comfortable passing something
off as "someone else's problem."
· Familiarity with home improvement, home maintenance, or a level
of comfort working with tradespeople is considered an asset.