Senior Backend Engineer - Node.js, AWS, GraphQL
Salt Lake City, Utah
Managed by Jobot Pro
$120,000 - $180,000
A bit about us:
We are looking for experienced engineers to get involved in the very beginning stages of building a brand new product. We want engineers who are excited about taking an idea from nothing to something and love the risk/rewards of taking a chance. We are building a product that is quick, robust and always available to our end-users. We use self-sufficient team structures, continuous delivery and the latest technologies (like GraphQL, AWS Lambda, Node.js) to do this. We are a smaller shop so you will be expected to be able to work independently but will still have a team on to lean on when necessary.
What can we do for you?
- Competitive Base
- Flexible Hours (we work from home 2-3 days a week)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- Equity in high-growth start-up, Generous PTO
- Downtown office walking distance to many restaurants
- Whatever gear you need to be successful (new computer, headphones, fancy desk, etc.)
- Builder who can implement solutions across diverse tech stacks and with continuous delivery as an assumption
- Experience building service-oriented APIs (90% of our APIs are GraphQL) and cloud services (preferable against AWS)
- Fully understands the concepts of “infrastructure as code”
- DevOps automation with tools like Terrafom
- Be familiar with phrases like "moving XXX to the left", "full-cycle developer", or "chaos engineering"
- Are tired of doing things the way they've always been done and aren't afraid of new technologies
- Experience working with open source projects. At least opening bugs, hopefully submitting fixes, and ideally publishing your own projects
Why join us?
We can offer you the opportunity to work on State-of-the-Art technology and make a meaningful and important impact on today’s society and the next generation!