Java Engineer - AI, Text Analytics, Data Mining
East Setauket, New York
Managed by Jobot Pro
$95,000 - $140,000
A bit about us...
Based in beautiful Setauket, NY (Long Island), we are a small but stable software and data services company who have been in business for over 20 years. We service the niche, but highly profitable industry of supply chain data services for government agencies such as the DoD. Our software platform automates the data collection for large supply chains and shipments which can involve hundreds of thousands of lines of data across various data sources and platforms. Are you interested in machine learning, AI, or data mining, or NLP?
IF so, and you are a AI Software Developer who loves working with Java, than please read on!
Please note: Due to our work with sensitive government data, candidates will be required to go through a security clearance process. You must be eligible for a US Security Clearance in order to be considered for the role. Here is a link to security clearance eligibility guidelines: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
What can we do for you?
- Competitive base salary for the Long Island, NY area!
- Top of market benefits, including strong 401K matching and 100% company paid medical/dental!
- Commitment to your continuing education with tuition reimbursement to help fund classes/certifications!
- Great location, away from the traffic and congestion of downtown NY!
- Generous paid time off!
IS your background a fit? We are looking for...
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Physics (Master's preferred)
- At least 1-2 years of production setting coding experience in Java
- Experience with text analytics (NLP) and working with unstructured data sets
- Data mining experience or knowledge
- Understanding of database technologies, i.e. MS SQL, MySQL, or similar
- Understanding of IoT, Wc3 standards and RDF database technologies
- Experience with AI languages (Python, R, Prolog, LISP)
- Experience with Node.js
Why join us?
We take pride in our ability to retain employees by providing overly generous benefits and commitment to continuing education and career growth. You will also take ownership over projects being a part of a small, collaborative team environment. We also like to have fun inside and outside the office and never take ourselves too seriously. Above all else, if you have a special interest in AI, machine learning, or text analytics there is no better place in Long Island to grow your skills in those areas.
We look forward to reviewing your application and learning more about you!
Please note: applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and candidates must be able to work in the office Mon. - Fri.