Job Description: We are looking for a talented leader to manage our Field Application Engineer team. Below are the qualifications of the team you will manage and grow.
The DFM Systems Engineer is a service-oriented and customer-facing role that
supports the Sales organization with customer requests for ECAD design feedback and PCB
stackup creation. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and
● Work with customers to develop custom PCB stack-ups
● Perform DFM reviews of customer designs for resolving PCB manufacturability and
● Provide guidance on customer designs for improving cost, yield, and lead-time metrics
● Conduct training workshops on design best practices for prospects and customers
● Author white papers and blogs promoting industry best practices
● BSEE/BSME or higher degree with at least 7-10 years of electronics manufacturing
● Strong working knowledge of the Valor PCB manufacturing tool and Polar controlled
impedance calculator. Ability to panelize ECAD designs in Valor.
● Strong working knowledge of industry leading ECAD software like Cadence Allegro, Altium
Designer, Mentor Xpedition, Mentor PADS, etc
● Firm grasp of PCB fabrication materials, manufacturing methods, cost drivers, yields, and
● Strong knowledge of interconnect and electronic assembly applications and technologies
including soldering, press fit, and rework with knowledge of IPC-A-610
● Understanding of complex failure mechanisms in PCBA process and or PCB fabrication and
knowledge of standard failure analysis techniques (SEM, EDX, X-section, Die and Pry,
● Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic growth environment
● Possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.