Based in New York City, NY - We are a fast growing (currently about 80 employees) technology startup offering a blockchain platform for building networks in which multiple, independent entities may share data and logic in real time. It is a decentralized database that replicates and executes application logic in the form of smart contracts. This platform may be used to create financial instruments–such as loans and securities–in a digital form from their inception. We just received an additional round of funding & need to bring on a Senior/Lead product engineer.
You will mainly be responsible for building specific products using our general-purpose blockchain platform. This involves working across the entire stack, designing and implementing UIs, middleware services and smart contract modules written in our internal domain-specific language. Smart contracts must specify both the data models for financial instruments and all associated workflows that operate on them. Example middleware services are API gateways, user management, file management and notification systems.
- Track record of developing enterprise quality software and moving it into production
- High level experience with Python or Java (deep understanding of paradigm-aligned design patterns, broad familiarity with available libraries, familiar with advanced debugging techniques and tooling e.g. remote debugging, packaging and distribution patterns, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- RDBMS (SQL) and NoSQL
- Git/GitHub (or similar DVCS)
- Familiarity with Linux/BSD
- Experience developing enterprise quality distributed systems in Java/C++/.NET/Python or similar
- Middle/back-office application development experience at a financial institution, i.e. a bank, asset manager, hedge fund or financial software vendor
- Proven ability to architect novel, green field systems from the ground up
- General understanding of the trade lifecycle including basic pre-trade, execution and settlement processes
- Depth of experience with financial markets and instruments
- Experience working with Docker or other containerization technologies
- Professional experience developing modern web front-ends
- Experience interfacing with external customers