Underwriter FHA, VA and Conventional Residential Mortgage Loans
Managed by Jobot Pro
$80,000 - $115,000
A bit about us:
We are committed to working as your partner to help you understand all of the potential financing options so you can feel confident in the choice you ultimately make. Our core philosophy is to always put the client first and as a result we continue to have referral and repeat clients year after year
Why join us?
This position requires a flexible work schedule, availability of overtime during surges in workload, strong organizational skill and coordination skills, ability to work independently, quick learner, team player, proactive, goal-oriented, excellent communication, strong writing and analytical skills, and advanced computer skills
We are looking for an experienced individual to underwriter FHA, VA and Conventional Residential Mortgage Loans to ensure compliance with company,regulatory agency and investor.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Review and evaluate borrower profile including all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary title reports, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals.
- Evaluate loan applications for risks to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Communicate effectively and engage proactively with loan originators, processors, branch managers, funders and post-closers in regards to loan decisions, assignment of loan conditions, investor guidelines/documentation requirements and possible loan scenarios
- Understand risk assessment of both credit/collateral process and the impact of saleability of loans.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years’ experience in residential mortgage industry with at least 5 years’ experience as DE Underwriter
- Thorough understanding, familiarity and experience with LP and DU Underwriting
- With strong knowledge of underwriting policies/procedures, investor guidelines and regulatory updates
- Valid CHUMS # is required
- Valid SAR ID