Telecommunications Software Engineer
Falls Church, VA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$100,000 - $150,000
A bit about us:
Based in Falls Church, VA we are focused on providing connectivity to all 7.7 billion people, everywhere on Earth. We built the first cell tower in space. Soon, everyone in the world will be connected, everywhere, with just the phone in their pocket. No new hardware required. No new software needed. Our network will enable everyone with a standard mobile phone to stay connected everywhere.
If you are a Telecommunications Software Engineer, then please read on….
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- 401k, PTO, and excellent benefits!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Is your background a fit? Apply if you meet this criteria:
- Bachelor's degree (or better) in Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related field
- At least five years of recent experience with telecommunications software implementing GSM and/or LTE protocols
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications protocols, RF communications, and multiple access methods: LTE, EDGE, GPRS, HSPA, GSM, CDMA, TDMA, FDMA etc.
- Strong knowledge of all layers (user and control plane) of cellular network infrastructure elements, including RAN and Core network signaling (e.g. HSS, HLR, VLR, AuC, MME, EPC, eNB, S-GW, P-GW, etc.)
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following common protocols/standards: TCP/IP, SNMP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet, DSL, SS7, ISDN, Q2931, B-ISDN, X.25, 802.11, 802.16, SIP, MEGACO, or MGCP
- Understanding of software defined radio systems including Receiver architectures, Software channelization, Modulation/demodulation techniques, Spectral analysis, Error correcting codes
- Experience using wireless communication test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.), analyzing test logs and isolating test failures
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple programming languages (C, C++, Python), operating systems, and development environments
- Experience with standard Inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms available in Linux
- Experience performing reverse engineering, analysis of software, and low-level programming desired