Technical Program Manager
Thousand Oaks, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$120,000 - $140,000
A bit about us:
We are a leader in Space Communications Electronics. We supply satellite RF units to Satellite OEMs. We cover the frequency range from UHF through L, C, X, Ku, Ka and Q Bands. Our team of highly experienced satellite and payload System Engineers and Program Managers, as well as world class RF and Product Design engineers and analysts. This is a team that you can depend on.
Why join us?
- R&D environment
- Advanced engineering team to work along side with
- Cutting Edge Space Technology
The Program Manager is responsible for space program(s) and the assigned program personnel. We use an integrated program team (IPT) process, where program personnel are assigned from functional departments (engineering, operations, financial) to ensure a comprehensive and efficient program performance leveraging the entire team to achieve outstanding performance. The PM is empowered to lead the team to meet technical, cost and schedule program requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Program cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Manage the Integrated Product Team (IPT) via matrix management of Engineering, Operations, Quality and Cost Accounting resources for assigned Programs.
- Interface with Customers during Program execution. Work closely with Business Development on future programs and opportunities.
- Develop program and risk plans over the program life cycle, from proposal through delivery.
- Develop overall Program plan; identifying the work-breakdown-structure (WBS), in coordination with engineering and manufacturing, and requisite timelines.
- Develop program budget (labor, material and ODC) in accordance with WBS, with inputs from functional organizations.
- Provide Monthly ETCs, with inputs of Functional Heads, in coordination with program finance.
- Oversee implementation and communication, internally and externally, of Program Status via the Program Status Report (PSR).
- Coordinate Design Activities with assigned Project Engineer and prepare and present the internal design/program reviews ensuring that customer requirements are being met, both technical and programmatic.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of customer Design Reviews (EQSR, PDR, CDR, MRR/TRR) and coordinate internal resources in preparation of all SDRLs and Review presentation packages.
- Conduct regular Executive Program reviews using established reporting tools.
- Support bid and proposals, in coordination with business development leadership, by generating management proposals, statement of compliance, and cost estimates.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering or Science preferred.
- 5+ Years of experience in design, development and management of sophisticated microwave and/or RF military and/or commercial electronic systems including, knowledge and understanding of Program Management, Operations, Engineering, Sales & Marketing.
- Experience in space market, either commercial GEO programs or defense space programs and the associated requirements is highly desirable.
- Ability to understand and evaluate technical and non-technical documents relating to all aspects of programs that company is involved in.
- Technical expertise in microwave, RF and/or communications or electronic warfare subsystems or components.
- Cognizant of AS90100 quality system procedures and documents.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical specifications as well as legal/contractual documents.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report accurate schedule / cost status information in accordance with departmental procedures.