Sr. RF Engineer
Managed by Jobot Pro
$130,000 - $165,000
A bit about us:
We are a Private Aerospace and Defense company specializing in providing board-level products and systems that offer state-of-the-art computer technology Communication solutions for the military and defense, industrial controls and factory automation industries. Our core competency is the design of hardware and software solutions.
Why join us?
- Every Other Friday Off!
- Great Benefits!
- Cutting Edge R&D Engineering Environment!
The Sr. RF Engineer with work with the engineering staff to design, develop, and validate various special purpose communication systems. This person will perform detailed electronic circuit design/analysis, work closely with project leads to coordinate prototyping activities, and be responsible for the assigned CCA and system design from concept through pre-production phase. This individual may be responsible for leading small projects or be part of a larger team development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and validate RF electronic circuits and systems (including: RF amplifier, communications modulation/demodulation, small signal analog front end, signal conditioning, and antennas).
- Be responsible as a project lead, team lead or team member for the creation of complex RF based systems from the idea phase, to a prototype and finally to production.
- Perform detailed system and Circuit Card Assembly sub-system design, analysis, verification, simulation, and related work as required.
- Work with complicated electronic system concepts and detailed circuit design to properly determine the necessary design tradeoffs.
- Participate in Circuit Card Assembly design, system test planning, and system test procedure generation for first articles.
- Provide support to the design, development, prototype fabrication, and design verification testing of electronic circuits.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in hands-on design of electronic modules and systems.
- Experience with HFSS or CST
- Experience with RF, digital and analog Circuit Card Assembly layout and construction techniques.
- Experience with design of RF transceiver subsystems.
- Experience with Electronic Test Equipment.
- Expertise with real time spectral analysis.
- Ability to select and validate passive components (Couplers, splitters, baluns, filters)
- Experience with RF PCB design techniques including material selection, multi-layer RF transition design and validation and board-to-board RF transitions.
- Proficient with RF budget analysis generation, component selection, inter-stage interaction minimization, Monte Carlo analysis, sensitivity analysis.
- Familiarity with Antennas
- Experience with power amplifies power measurement techniques, and matching circuit design, simulation, verification, validation.
- Proficient with power amplifier non-linear simulation and modeling techniques including design of DC feed networks and impacts on video bandwidth and linearity.
- Experience with small signal RF filter selection, LNA design, mixer analysis, synthesizer PLL design, VCO selection, LO phase noise requirement determination, IF selection and tradeoffs, IF gain stages, and analog interfacing with high speed ADCs and DACs.