Sr. Biotech Engineer
Green Island, NY
Managed by Jobot Pro
$110,000 - $175,000
A bit about us:
Based in Green Island, NY, we are biomaterials company focused on the development of innovative materials from natural growth processes. We are looking for a Sr. Biotech Engineer to join our growing team!
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary!
- Great Benefits Package!
- The Opportunity to Join an Amazing Team!
- Bachelors in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, or 2-year technical degree with 5+ years working in a technical field
- Programming related to equipment and environmental control, flexibility to learn new languages when needed
- Appreciation and demonstrated intellectual curiosity for Biotechnology and the Life Sciences
- Demonstrated project management and ability to conceptualize, plan, execute, commission equipment projects, and coordinate team deliverables to meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable working in a multidisciplinary environment and on research / prototypical equipment
- Equally comfortable either rigging up a quick trial control system using off-the shelf and on-hand components or designing, specifying, and quoting a large instrumentation build
- Experience with validation studies and statistical analysis
- Technical competency in or familiarity with: Solidworks / Fusion 360, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PLCs (Alen Bradley / Automation Direct), Python, R-Studio, HMIs, sensor electronics, CNC fabrication, PCB componentry
- Versatile mechatronics skills ranging across arduinos, custom machine-api interfaces, setting up bots to increase company accessibility to machine data, hacking off-the-shelf componentry to achieve desired performance
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Understanding of incubators and/or bioreactors and industrial controls and sensors related to living systems