Senior Electrical Engineer
San Diego, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$100,000 - $120,000
A bit about us:
We are a Startup Space Technology company that is developing communication equipment for satellite coverage globally! We are aggressively developing RF and optical modems and transceivers that would embrace technologies much quicker than the industry is. Through our relationships and having the edge in new technology ASICs, FPGAs, microcircuits, etc.. we have jumped ahead of the industry and plan to lead the industry in this future technology!
Why join us?
- Autonomy, Cutting Edge Technology, Use of Different Skillsets!
- 401k, Vision, Dental, Health!
- Unlimited PTO!
- Free Lunches Daily!
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will take a circuit that has a microcontroller, FPGA, and digital/analog converters, and stitch them together. You will over see board designs and over see board layouts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Design and Develop high data rate encoders and decoders for high-throughput data links.
- Design multiple variants of a radiation tolerant software defined modem.
- Generate schematics based off preliminary datasheets and check based on manufacturer recommendations to bring overall system cost and complexity down without sacrificing performance.
- Work with layout team to create a complicated stack up/board solution for a board containing high speed digital and analog signals.
- Conduct Self-generated layouts for CAUI-4 and SFP adapter boards.
- Assist in radiation part selection and testing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Schematic Capture
- Experience with Circuit Analysis
- Digital & Analog Experience
- Experienced with high-speed data communications
- Experienced with complex mixed-signal or communications electronics
- Experience with designing of electronics for high radiation environments
- Experience with Electrical design (schematic, PCB layout, manufacture and test)