Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$140,000 - $190,000
A bit about us:
Founded in 2016, We are on a mission to determine the net worth of everyone on the planet. More than 400 organizations use us to identify and engage their most promising constituents. Based in San Francisco and backed by Bullpen Capital, Bonfire Ventures, Industry Ventures, TenOneTen Ventures. ValueStream Ventures, and Auren Hoffman.
Data Science is at the core of the company DNA. Our mission is to make accurate data accessible to brands across the world.
As a member of the data science team, the data scientist will work on groundbreaking R&D projects to leverage massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources.
Are you ready to drive and scale data science in a hyper-growth environment?
Why join us?
- Small team = opportunity for a big impact
- Compensation includes equity and a competitive salary
- Excellent company-sponsored benefits
- Shiny new laptop
- Monthly team events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Great location in downtown SF (Jackson Square)
- Develop and improve robust predictive algorithms that are the core of the product
- Combine an understanding of business goals with data analysis and machine learning
- Investigate new data sources; acquire, analyze, clean and structure data
- Utilize state of the art machine learning techniques to improve and expand existing models
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of data mining / analytics experience including applied techniques in data mining, machine learning, or scientific computing
- Significant non-production level programming experience in at least 2 or more of the following: Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Spark), Scripting (Python, Perl), Java/Scala, R/Matlab
- Collaborative team focused attitude with a strong desire to advance the product and learn new things
- The ability to communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter with experience turning ideas into actionable designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication