Senior Data Platform Engineering Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$170,000 - $200,000
A bit about us:
Based in Los Angeles, CA we are a healthcare company, changing the landscape worldwide. With a focus on technology, we push the limits so that therapies and services can alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Strong Performance Bonus to Reward Hard Work!
- Job Security Through Company Stability!
- Excellent Work/Life Balance!
- Work on Projects that Truly Make a Difference!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
We are looking for a Senior Manager on our Data Platform Engineering team to help set product vision, drive programs, work with engineering to execute, and support very complex data-driven applications.
- Bachelor’s with 7+ years of experience, Master’s with 5+ years of experience.
- 4+ years of direct people management experience
- Manage technical team with focus on data and algorithm platforms. Establish a structure for this team that can meet data science organizational needs
- Maintains analytical systems, verifies the accuracy of the data, and acts as a liaison to the business.
- Design and develop secure data processing platforms for predominantly real time data analytics & data science algorithms.
- Build and design a robust distributed data processing systems architecture that is highly scalable and performant.
- Drive multiple development projects end-to-end - Maintain schedules, track key milestones and program interdependencies and preempt risks.
• Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
- Experience in data engineering field.
- Experience with cloud-native, microservice-based, software architectures.
- Experience in at least one programming language – Python, Java, Golang etc.
- Experience in modern data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, etc.
- Experience with relational database technologies
- Experience with application of Continuous Integration/ Delivery
- Experience in NoSQL technologies including graph, document, and key-value data storage technologies.
- Experience with AWS offerings such as Lambda Step Function framework, AWS Glue, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with mentoring and managing other technical staff members, engineers and scientists