Senior Battery Process Engineer
Managed by Jobot Pro
Based on Experience
A bit about us:
We are an innovative, energy storage technology company developing products for the Li-ion battery markets. We have developed a revolutionary low cost, high-capacity silicon anodes that enables high-capacity silicon batteries to enter mainstream markets. We support the E-mobility, consumer electronics, and aviation markets.
Why join us?
- Great Benefits!
- Employee Stock Plan
- Cutting Edge R&D/ Manufacturing Environment!
As the Senior Battery Process Engineer you will assist our Product Development group in the development of electrodes for advanced lithium-ion batteries. This position involves designing innovative slurry and coating strategies using a breadth of scientific knowledge and coating techniques.
- Electrode coating experience for semi-automated machinery
- Lithium Battery Manufacturing Knowledge
- Experience with Failure modes and troubleshooting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design innovative slurries with various active materials, additives, and binders for battery electrodes and other coatings
- Improve existing formulations through thoughtful experimentation to generate knowledge about and optimize the performance of slurries and coatings
- Document lab-scale processing and work with the team to characterize materials and evaluate failure mechanisms; document the findings in reports
- Develop slurry and coating characterization techniques to determine formulation-performance relationships and offer chemical and cell level corrective strategies.
- Manage the development and production roadmaps for the mixing and coating development cycle
- Work with R&D team to develop and implement a predictive method for understanding material processing vs cell performance relationships.
- Develop processes in order to meet product specifications
- Prepare and maintain documentation, such as process flow diagram, work instructions, SOPs, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemistry, chemical engineering, materials sciences, or physics preferred).
- 3+ years of industry experience with lithium-ion batteries
- Experienced in common electrode coating techniques including slot-die, and Comma-blade roll-to-roll coating.
- Experienced with electrochemical processes in Lithium-ion batteries and familiarity with existing battery design and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in product development from concept, design, prototype to production are required.
- Hands-on experience with instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.