Remote Junior Underwriter (Unbeatable Growth Opportunity!)
Managed by Jobot Pro
$60,000 - $70,000
A bit about us:
Headquartered in Atlanta with branches across the Southeast, we are one of the leading and most reputable, stable, and fast-growing mortgage companies in the U.S. We started small back in the late 90s and have since grown into a recognized industry leader and revenue-generating powerhouse! We have grown exponentially in the past few years and are not slowing down any time soon. We are set up for VERY strong growth well into the future. If you are looking for a rock solid company to grow and move vertically with long-term, this is the opportunity for you!!
We offer an opportunity that you will not find anywhere else. We work the highest quality loans, have never had a layoff, are projecting MASSIVE growth in the coming years (we will not be negatively affected by the current market), and we are backed by one of the world's largest multinational holding companies.
Currently, we are looking for experienced and highly skilled Junior Underwriters to join our world-class team on a fully remote basis! If you fit the qualifications below, we would like to speak with you right away!
Why join us?
1. STRONG Compensation
2. Unbeatable Benefits
3. HUGE growth potential!
4. Tight-knit, family-oriented culture.
5. Work REMOTELY!
The Junior Underwriting position is responsible for providing support and assistance the Underwriting Manager and team while increasing knowledge and skills in advance of transitioning into an Underwriter I role. Ideal candidate will transition into the Underwriter I role within 12 to 18 months as a Junior Underwriter.
- Review and submit conventional loans to various MI partners for underwriting. Maintain the pipeline of these loans and review conditions that are submitted from our processors to ensure accuracy and ability to clear the conditions on loans, follow up with processors on conditions that will not clear the file prior to submission back to MI partner. Update Sterling assets, liabilities or income based on MI partner review as required. Rerun AUS as MI partner requires. Clear internal conditions for items such as flood certification, HOI and title. Once loan is cleared by MI partner, issue final approval in Sterling.
- Review and submit outside non-conforming loans to our investor partners. Will be required to review each investors guidelines and submission requirements to ensure a complete, quality file from the processor is available before submitting the loan. If documentation is missing or insufficient, follow up with the Processor before submitting the file for outside review. Follow up on outstanding conditions with the processor. Update Sterling assets, liabilities or income based on outside lender review as required. Clear internal conditions such as flood certification, HOI and title. Once loan is cleared by outside lender, issue final approval in Sterling.
- Review and clear conditions on assigned loans with the assistance of the mentoring underwriter or Underwriting Manager as needed.
- Complete all incoming LCR’s within 4 business hour SLA, including new credit pulls that may require a new AUS submission
- Provide communication to loan officers and processors as to the status of loans under their review.
- Adhere to the training scheduled which entails online classes, written material and training time with the Underwriting Manager or mentoring underwriter.
- Respond to post-closing, QC or pre-funding requests as needed
- Complete knowledge assessments as assigned to track progress for transition into UW I role
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in a Junior Underwriting, processing or similar role
- Working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC guidelines as well as income documentation/calculation and appraisal review.
- Proficiency with loan processing of all loan products and underwriting systems
- Proficiency in submitting and comprehending DU and LP
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Loan Origination System - OpenClose
- Excellent time management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Internet Explorer/Chrome
- Microsoft Office