Remote DE Underwriter (Unbeatable Stability and Growth!)
Managed by Jobot Pro
$110,000 - $120,000
A bit about us:
Headquartered in Atlanta with branches across the Southeast, we are one of the leading and most reputable, stable, and fast-growing mortgage companies in the U.S. We started small back in the late 90s and have since grown into a recognized industry leader and revenue-generating powerhouse! We have grown exponentially in the past few years and are not slowing down any time soon. We are set up for VERY strong growth well into the future. If you are looking for a rock solid company that offers best-in-industry stability and career growth, this is the opportunity for you!!
We offer an opportunity that you will not find anywhere else. We work the highest quality loans, have never had a layoff, are projecting MASSIVE growth in the coming years (we will not be negatively affected by the current market), and we are backed by one of the world's largest multinational holding companies.
Currently, we are looking for a highly skilled Underwriter with strong Manufactured Home experience to join our world-class team on a fully remote basis! If you fit the qualifications below, we would like to speak with you right away!
Why join us?
1. STRONG Compensation including sign-on and quarterly bonuses
2. Unbeatable Benefits
3. Huge growth potential!
4. Tight-knit, family-oriented culture.
5. Work REMOTELY!
The Underwriter is responsible for providing consistency in credit quality and decisions, process flow, and customer service (internal and external).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Stay abreast of current trends in the mortgage industry (investor/agency/government guidelines, etc.)
- Assist and mentor processors in understanding underwriting decisions/guidelines and conditions
- Ensure loans files are complaint and eligible in the secondary market by completing a thorough and accurate review of the loan file at initial and final approval stages
- Manage timely responses to all post-closing requests (24 hours or less)
- Manage timely responses to all QC rebuttal requests as set by QC administrator when notice given
- Keep detailed notes in Loan Origination System regarding approval basis to assist with post-closing, QC or management should questions regarding an approval arise
- Maintain current turn times as set by management with 95% rating
- Maintain an overall quarterly error ratio of less than 5%
- Consistently exceed volume metric of 2 initial submissions per day
Education, Knowledge, Experience:
- 5+ Years of Underwriting Experience
- Manufactured Home Experience
- SAR/LAPP (Very nice to have!)
- Experience with FHA, VA, or USDA (any combination of government) loans
- Excellent understanding of investor, agency and government guidelines
- College degree (Preferred)