Managed by Jobot Pro
$115,000 - $120,000
A bit about us:
Located in Canaan CT, we are a worldwide Leading Manufacturer for various industries, such as automotive, building materials, paper products and more. We are now seeking a strong Plant Manager to join our fast growing team!
If you have 5 years as a Quarry/ Mill Manager in a Manufacturing environment, please apply today!
Why join us?
Competitive base salary, extremely competitive Bonus package, flexible work schedules, and accelerated career growth!
- Understands and interprets geological controls and forecast quality issues.
- Ensures the stone feed to the SCD meets established quality standards, fully utilizing recognized control systems and procedures.
- Prepares schedules and operating instructions in areas and insures a satisfactory supply of materials and supplies necessary to meet scheduled commitments and product inventory levels in the operation.
- Requisitions the necessary maintenance to keep equipment and facilities in satisfactory condition; provides scheduling necessary to least interrupt production flow.
- Maintain survey and level control throughout Quarry.
- Developing subordinates, directing, training, supervising, scheduling and overall management of the Mill to ensure quality output at minimum cost. Coordinates with Quality Assurance to ensure products are produced in accordance with customer specifications, ensures compliance with in-process testing and sampling and ensures customer satisfaction. Designs and engineers capital projects directed toward expansion and improvements in efficiency and cost control. Monitors and evaluates existing systems and processes to make recommendations for efficiency improvements.
- Maintains production rates to best utilize equipment and labor while managing costs to budget.
- Assists in the design of, and generates cost estimates for maintenance, production and portions of all capital projects at the Canaan facility.
- planning and directing all mining operations at the Canaan Plant;
- participating in financial planning (budgets) and cost control in the area of responsibility;
- initiating, planning and executing process improvements, hazard and nuisance controls, reclamation, waste and cost controls and operating upgrading;
- administering the safety and employee relations program in the Mill and Quarry;
- ensuring compliance with all applicable government regulations;
- handling community relations issues pertaining to the Mill and Quarry;
- applies for and manages all permits.
- responsible for Operational Excellence effort to reduce waste and continuously improve all manufacturing operations.