Process Engineering Manager (Manufacturing) - Relocation Offered!
Managed by Jobot Pro
$80,000 - $120,000
A bit about us:
Based in Caribou, ME, we are a fast-growing, international market leader in the design and manufacture of high performance, specialized components and assemblies for applications in filtration and separation. For nearly 50 years we have delivered innovative, world class solutions to a number of high technology industries including: Aerospace and Defense, Nuclear, Power Generation, Life Sciences, Chemical and Industrial Process and Food and Beverage markets.
Currently, we are looking for a skilled Process Engineering Manager! If you fit the qualifications below, we would love to speak with you right away!
Why join us?
1. Strong compensation and benefits
2. Amazing team and work environment
3. Huge growth potential!
4. Up to $10k relocation package
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design and develop processes to manufacture parts from blue prints or descriptions using axial presses, isostatic presses, sizing presses, hand pressing, sintering, and related machine shop equipment meeting all contractual and quality requirements.
2. Tool development and design for axial and isostatic parts geometries for all shop presses including assembly, inspection and flow restrictors. Responsible for writing CAPEX requisitions on purchasing manufacturing equipment.
3. Prepare method instructions (Operation Sheets) to include setup procedure, tool lists, operation sequence, machine speeds and feeds time standards, packaging specifications, process routings and other pertinent data to ensure that parts meet design intent and customer requirements. Update production and quality documents as necessary.
4. Continually analyze in house tools, equipment and processes to determine where efficiency can be improved through modifications, or by applying LEAN methodology.
5. Follow up on quality reject meetings (MRB) by addressing immediate quality issues and develop systems to prevent future occurrences.
6. Communicate with floor/inspection (quality assurance) personnel on manufacturing issues and resolve any issues that arise.
7. Train and instruct others as needed to use equipment properly and safely in production.
8. Work from part and product drawings, manufacturing schedules etc.
9. Disposition of discrepant material to ensure product quality and adherence to program requirements.
10. Provide technical and advisory support to the production area to ensure development of products in the manner that produces a quality process.
11. Provide interface and support to customer product concerns to facilitate responsiveness to customers.
12. Lead and participate in kaizen events for continuous improvement projects focused on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
13. Responsible for the maintenance department and engineering technician
- Process Engineering Experience within Manufacturing Industry
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate and develop work instructions, solutions to problems and reports for all levels of employees, supplier and customers.
- Knowledge of ISO, Lean manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma helpful.
- Strong computer skills including AutoCAD 2019 or equivalent Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of operation of work orders (routers), ability to read, understand and implement customer changes, Bill of Material operation and ability to make changes.
Nice to Have:
- BS in Engineering
- 5+ years experience working in an engineering technical support role
- Experience in the powder metal industry and/or sintered filter products and applications
- Maintenance background
Development training, work in each department to understand processes specific to each department and product line.
o Fundamentals of powder
o Relationship between density, micron, pore size & permeability
o Powder Sieving
- Testing Bubble Point, Flow Testing, Density.
- Press Department
o Press Types
o Press Operation
o Tooling Set-Up
- Furnace / Sintering:
H2 / N2
- Machining porous materials
- Welding porous materials
- Flow Restrictors
- Quality / Inspection
- Customer Service
- PM short course as needed