Principal RF Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
Based on Experience
A bit about us:
We are a a revolutionary Space Launch company breaking the mold of traditional rocket launching practices. We are are a tight nit group of out of the box thinkers creating something the world has never seen! We have created and developed a much more efficient and affordable way of launching Satellites into space. Come take a look at a whole new way to Launch!
Why join us?
- Cutting Edge Technology!
- Collaborative and Interactive Team!
- Competitive Benefits!
As our Principal Satellite RF Engineer, you will be responsible for the detailed design and prototyping of RF circuits in satellite payloads and in ground terminals.
- Analog RF
- Front End RF
- Altium or Cadence
- MWO or ADS or AWR
- Circuit Board Design
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Detailed design of RF circuits in satellite payloads and in electronically steered antennas (ESA).
- Selection and specification of components for RF circuits, including line amplifiers, HPA, LNA, mixers, cavity tuned band pass filters, microstrip and stripline printed components, high speed A/D and D/A converters, Terabit backplane switching and control components, power conditioning components, power and heat management components, hybrids, and ASIC.
- Model RF system behavior and validate RF system performance.
- Develop interfaces between RF circuits and antennas.
- Evaluate and test new components and technologies.
- Perform trade studies between cost and performance.
- Estimate the development time, NRE costs, and recurring costs for various RF circuits.
- Contribute to all phases of development life cycle (requirements definition, systems and circuit design, integration of RF and wireless circuits and systems, testing, and manufacturing activities).
EDUCATION & EXPERINECE:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- RF engineer with a minimum of 10 years of broad experience doing RF/Analog circuit design and board layout using the relevant tools.
- Experience modeling, designing, and testing RF subsystems, preferably for satellite payloads.
- Expertise in RF front end design and integration of RF subsystems.
- Experience using HFSS, CST, ADS, Clarity, GRASP, GENESYS or similar RF simulation tools.
- Experience doing microwave analysis (and electrical analysis in general) using Python, MATLAB, or similar tools.
- Familiarity with directional couplers, circulators, and other waveguide components.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of mixed signal design.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of modulation methods and modem capabilities.
- Ability to perform bench-level analog/power bring-up and troubleshooting using analog and digital test equipment like spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and vector signal generators.
- Hands-on prototyping and debug experience testing complex RF subsystems.