Principal Laser Engineer
Managed by Jobot Pro
$160,000 - $190,000
A bit about us:
We develop advanced lasers and electro-optic systems for space and defense applications. Our customers include NASA, the U.S Department of Defense, and several of the leading aerospace prime contractors. With over 30 years of experience developing advanced fiber and bulk solid-state laser and lidar systems, we are a globally recognized leader and pioneer in our field.
If you are a Principal Laser Communication Engineer then please read on...
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Excellent Benefits Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Is your background a fit? Apply if you meet this criteria:
- Doctorate or Masters degree in Optics, Engineering, Physics, or other related field
- 10 years professional experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following skill areas: laser design, lidar, free-space optical communications, optical detection, beam propagation, optical systems engineering
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, and engineering of laser-based optical systems (examples include lidar sensors, lasers, and/or laser communication systems)
We are looking for an innovative scientist or engineer to join our team in developing advanced lasers and laser-based electro-optic systems and technologies for the defense and aerospace community. In this role, you will serve as a subject matter expert in lasers and/or electro-optical systems (including solid-state lasers, fiber lasers, lidar sensors, and/or laser communications systems), develop new concepts that advance the state of the art in system technology, and deliver them to our customers as mission-enabling capabilities.