Podcast Producer- International News
Managed by Jobot Pro
$70,000 - $90,000
A bit about us:
We have an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Podcast Producer with international news interests and experience to join an exciting and growing Global News Organization located in the Washington, D.C. area.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with producing, editing and publishing podcasts as well as a keen interest in international news.
The position will be responsible for assisting and producing full podcast episodes on a weekly basis. This will include writing scripts, booking guests, audio recording and editing, creating webpages, publishing and promoting podcast episodes and shows on social media.
This position must be able to pivot between editorial production and technical responsibilities constantly. Working hours for this position will be flexible depending on production needs and publishing schedules.
Why join us?
We offer an industry competitive compensation package along with a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Researching topics for podcast episodes.
- Researching and booking guests for podcast interviews.
- Coordinating with various newsroom departments including Guest Booking, News-Gathering and Programs on ongoing coverage and podcast integration.
- Audio recording and editing podcast episodes.
- Researching and gathering of audio clips and elements for podcast episodes.
- Publishing podcast episodes through Blubrry platform.
- Promoting podcast shows and episodes on social media.
- Innovate on ways to grow podcast audience.
- Monitor performance and conduct content analysis based data insights from Blubrry and other podcast platforms.
- React to breaking news and creating coverage plans quickly.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years working experience in podcast producing.
- Strong interest in and working experience in international news.
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills.
- Strong editorial sense.
- Ability to find unique angles for both topics and guests.
- Experience with radio and podcast production.
- Experience with audio production and DAWs such as ProTools, Adobe Audition and Logic Pro.
- Ability to cut audio fast with editorial ear.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Photoshop.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and After Affects a plus.
- Flexibility to work different shifts depending on production needs.
- Creativity and ability to identify available resources for improving production.