PLS-CADD Design Engineer
San Diego, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$80,000 - $110,000
A bit about us:
The selected candidate will be responsible for the detailed engineering design of power line projects. These projects are to include entire new facilities, as well as major additions, rehabilitation, replacement, clearance, and reconductoring of existing electric power lines. The position will also require occasional field site visits for data collection and verification.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- 100% paid benefits!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Is your background a fit? Apply if you meet this criteria:
Plans, schedules, conducts and/or coordinates detailed phases of engineering.
- QA/QC experience
- Determines and documents project estimate, scope and schedule; sets and evaluates design options and criteria.
- Works with client and/or construction contractors to develop best design.
- Proofs in-house engineering projects.
– Attention to details required.
- Manages project e-files for projects within the department.
Qualifications: Non-negotiable 2 plus years of experience in designing transmission lines.
- BS degree in civil/structural or electrical engineering.
- Structural design experience is a plus.
- PLS CADD experience required. PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower, PLS-Caisson experience is a plus.
- Experience with foundation design software such as MFAD and LPile are a plus.
- Experience in utility based construction and operations are pluses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.