Mortgage Quality Control Manager
Kansas City, MO
Managed by Jobot Pro
$80,000 - $90,000
A bit about us:
Since 1972, we have provided strong, conservative financial leadership for our members. We a offer comprehensive line of retail banking products and services, and is proud to be one of the nation’s leading home mortgage lenders, funding more than $8.0 billion in home loans since 2008. We operate nine deposit branch locations, three residential loan origination offices, and one residential construction loan origination office.
Why join us?
Comprehensive medical insurance options – options include a PPO plan and a QHDHP/HSA plan
Employer paid life insurance and AD&D
Employer paid Long-Term Disability
Employer paid Short-Term Disability
Voluntary Spouse/Dependent Life Insurance
Section 125/Cafeteria Plan
Flexible Spending account for medical and dependent care reimbursement
Health Savings Account (with QHDHP)
Volunteer Time Off program
Paid sick/personal, vacation, and hospital leave
401(k) Retirement Plan with immediate employer match
Internal and external training opportunities
We are actively seeking an experienced Quality Control (QC) Manager to join the Loan Servicing Operations team. The QC Manager will manage an audit desk function that includes a staff of 4 to 6 employees. The QC Manager will proactively identify areas for improvement in our operational workflow through structured and ad hoc audits of loans. This role will focus on ensuring our operations and customer facing teams are following corporate policies and procedures and providing exceptional quality for our partners. This opportunity will play a key role in helping us evolve our operational excellence through identifying and correcting any quality issues within our loan servicing operations team.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- This position will perform operational audit reviews to ensure that proper policies were followed, calculations are accurate based on provided information, stipulations are verified correctly, exceptions are within stated tolerance guidelines, and support documentation exists with an easy to follow audit trail.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all our internal and external audits.
- Develop and implement a quality control framework to support our operational workflow.
- Centralize and report out on audit findings to help inform policy changes, training opportunities, and workflow enhancements.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (sales, risk, operations teams & internal audit) to ensure we are reviewing, tracking, and correcting any quality issues before external party review.
- Create auditing templates, scoring mechanisms, and reporting templates to identify, escalate, and action audit findings.
- Proactively modify audit techniques to accommodate changes in corporate policy and strategy.
- Develop and maintain detailed SOPs (standard operating procedures) in support of audit findings.
- Additional assignments as needed.
- Proficient in quality control and auditing methodologies.
- Experience in the design of auditing templates, ability to quickly identify quality issues, report out to senior management.
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, time management, and critical thinking skills are required.
- Ability to connect with people and build relationships that result in a collaborative environment.
- Mortgage, consumer, and commercial lending experience a plus.
- Exceptional skill in writing and drafting documents.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with team members and business partners, such as members of management.
- Demonstrated professional integrity, maturity, and judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Able to handle a heavy workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- 5+ years of experience with quality control and operational auditing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with consumer, mortgage & commercial lending, banking, and customer service preferred.
- Familiarity with consumer & residential lending regulations such as TILA, RESPA, Reg B, SCRA and MLA.
- Investor and or agency experience such as Freddie Mac, Fannie Mac, FHA and or VA.