Mortgage Processor - REMOTE!!!
San Diego, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$50,000 - $65,000
A bit about us:
We are a small but fast-growing mortgage company located in San Diego, CA. We are looking to add an experienced processor to join our origination team. If you have experience with conventional and government loans and looking to take on a meaningful role while growing with a company this could be your career move!
Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Life Insurance coverage
- NMLS CERTIFIED
- Government Mortgage Loans
- Total Scorecard
- Conventional FHA
- The Mortgage Processor processes single family 1-4 unit residential mortgage loan applications taking them through necessary steps in order that they might become mortgage loans.
- The incumbent makes decisions AND/OR recommendations in underwriting the residential property appraisal & in analyzing & validating the verified documentation within the loan file to ensure that the loan file meets the requirements of the agencies, all federal regulatory agencies, private mortgage insurers & the investors.
- Ensures conditions are satisfactorily met & returns the completed file to the underwriter for final review.
- The incumbent will take the necessary steps toward obtaining FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) approval while in this position.
- Make the first contact with Loan Originator to discuss new files assigned.
- Review & underwrite residential property appraisals according to standard appraisal guidelines. Contact appraiser for the needed explanation, updates, additions or corrections, in cooperation with the mortgage loan underwriter.
- Ensure integrity of source & data being communicated to all applicable electronic systems (i.e. Desktop Underwriter (DU), Encompass, FHA Connection, VA WebLGY, Guaranteed Underwriting System (GUS), Mortgage Insurers, Bond Authorities, etc.).
- Update & re-work loan files & loan conditions as directed by an automated underwriting system.
- Prepare & move loan requests to an underwriter for final approval no less than 5 days prior to the closing date.
- Maintain knowledge of current agencies, mortgage insurance companies & regulatory guidelines & underwriting practices by attending training classes provided by FHA, FNMA, RD, VA, RD, etc.
- Generate closing & mail reports each day to manage the current pipeline efficiently.
- Take action on all Conversation Log alerts related to loan program changes & adding borrower w/in 24 hours. Respond to every e-mail within 2 hours of receipt, unless high priority email, then 1 hour of receipt.
- Respond to loan officer AND/OR assistant questions about various loan scenarios, documentation & guideline requirements.
- Address pre-closing QC & post-closing issues with lender insuring or other government entity, agency & private entity review.
- Understand & comply with company policy, laws, regulations, & BSA/AML Program as applicable to your job duties.