Landscape Field Operations Manager
Managed by Jobot Pro
$70,000 - $85,000
A bit about us:
Based in Southborough, MA, we are a leading facilities outdoor service provider that offers a variety of commercial, home owner associations, and estate landscape maintenance, design, construction, snow and ice management and fence installation solutions. We employee over 100 professionals in two locations, have been around for over 40 years, do over 12 million in annual revenue, and are growing strong! We're constantly involved in exciting, high profile projects and, due to our dynamic growth, we are very actively interviewing and hiring!
If you're a skilled Field Operations Manager, please apply today!
Why join us?
1. Great team and work environment
2. Huge growth potential
3. Strong compensation and benefits including:
- 401K for all employees with 3.5% company match
- Company-provided vehicle
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Time Off Policy + 6 corporate holidays
- Formal training and development program (we will help you get certifications!)
Position description: The Field Operations Manager (FOM) is responsible for directly managing field employees & accounts to support the Landscape Maintenance GM. The purpose of this position is to ensure that our production goals are met while maintaining our high standards of quality.
Reports to: Landscape Maintenance GM
Skill set and educational requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in residential maintenance & construction
- Minimum 2 years as a Field Operations Manager.
- Ability to supervise up to 10 crews (maintenance, enhancement, gardening) simultaneously.
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and is insurable on the company’s policy.
- Possess a valid DOT medical certificate.
- Possess or able to obtain a Massachusetts Hoisting License.
- Possess or willing to obtain industry certifications (MCLP, MCA, PEST, ICPI, ETC.)
- Thorough understanding of proper maintenance techniques, aesthetic & structural pruning, fine gardening, planting & irrigation.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Portuguese) preferred!
- Promote a positive and encouraging work environment for all of our employees.
- Ensure our yard is clean and maintained on a weekly basis, following the checklist
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed and reports unsafe conditions.
- Work with Landscape Maintenance GM to identify staffing needs, hire new crew members and prepare daily schedules.
- Continually inform & update the LM Account Managers of client needs through direct communication.
- As needed, perform hands on work with crew to meet scheduling and budget needs.
- Ensure that our high-quality standards are met by all crews (maintenance, enhancement, gardening).
- Track man hours and organize on-site work to ensure completion on budget.
- Hands on training and support of field employees including equipment operation, safety, quality & proper techniques.
- Oversee repair orders & communicate with field employees and mechanics to set priorities.
- Counsel and follow handbook procedures for working with field employees
- Ensure all paperwork has been filled out properly and turned in to the front office
- Inspect properties for needs, conduct quality checks & monitor irrigation systems.
- Fill out site audit pro & site foto reports during each site visit.
- Coordinate irrigation repairs & enhancement work with LMGM as needed.
- Participate in industry training & seminars to stay current with the latest industry trends.
- Participate in the weekly closing schedule.
- Participation in weekly scheduling, safety and management meetings.
- Snow removal & management of snow accounts.
- Off-season duties including salt deliveries, equipment pickup/drop-off, spring readiness.