Director of Software Engineering
Managed by Jobot Pro
Based on Experience
A bit about us:
Founded in the 1980's, we are a leading provider of software and clinical solutions that improve Utilization, Case, Disease, Prevention and Wellness Management performance and effectiveness for health plans, insurers, providers, third party administrators, medical management companies, and other healthcare organizations that serve both the private and public sectors.
Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- 401 K with generous company match
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick, and holiday schedule
- Life Insurance coverage
- Annual bonus
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO), the Director of Software Engineering will lead a team of software engineers, devops and quality assurance professionals, responsible for end-to-end delivery of our platforms. The Director will be responsible for providing technology leadership, guiding architectural and design decisions across the entire ecosystem. You will work closely with the Chief Product Officer to set our platform architecture roadmap that supports the company’s product and strategic objectives.
Our company currently has 48 employees and 15 employees in the IT department. Current IT team:
- 4 full stack engineers
- 1 front end engineer
- 1 database engineer
- 1 devops engineer
- 2 cloud engineers
- 2 test automation engineers
- 4 manual QA engineers
- Effectively and positively communicate and coach employees on companywide decisions set forth by the executive team.
- Recruit, mentor, and grow high performing engineering team.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of our platforms.
- Create, own, and maintain architectural solutions for applications and systems relevant to our software platforms.
- Leads the architectural vision for all platforms and system design using modern technology stacks with a core focus on reusability, scalability, and performance at scale.
- Balance time to ensure app/system design and architecture is maintained while contributing to the delivery of product in accordance with company strategic initiatives and product roadmaps.
- Lead technical decision making on POC's and build/buy options within product offering.
- Define and manage project plans and deliverables for the entire engineering team across our software platforms.
- Evolve and improve the software development practices within the organization, including best practices, key metrics, tools, and evolution of development methodology.
- Creates automated and robust tools to deploy code and configurations that support development and manage capacity of production servers, controlling the continuous integration stages and the releases to other departments.
- Manages staff; provides staff with coaching, training, and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive, and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
- Recent experience managing a remote team in different time zones
- Recent SaaS experience
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Experience managing a team of engineers that creates/designs and deploys custom software
You should know some of the following:
- Windows, Linux
- Java, Tomcat
- DevOps, QA
- Microservices, SQL, Elasticsearch, Redis