Digital Producer - Broadcast News - All Platforms
Managed by Jobot Pro
$80,000 - $90,000
A bit about us:
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Digital Producer with Broadcast News experience to join an exciting and growing International News Organization located in Washington, DC.
We are searching for a Digital Producer who will help craft the network's online presence across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and the company website.
The ideal candidate will have experience in publishing videos, images and articles across social media platforms as well as exceptional writing skills for tweets, titles, descriptions and thumbnails. In addition, this role will focus on generating engagement across our social media channels through re-tweeting, community moderation, monitoring online trends and connecting with online communities with the goal of growing our overall audience.
Why join us?
We offer an exciting and fast paced working environment.
We offer an area competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Publish videos, images and articles on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, other platforms and the company website.
- Community moderating across all company Media platforms.
- Reversion and publish broadcast media content across digital platforms.
- Monitor company output, social media and other news sources for trends and to distinguish newsworthy stories.
- React to and post breaking news quickly and accurately to our website and social media.
- Identifying good stories in data and present in interesting ways to users.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years working experience in news digital platforms.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress. Development skills a plus.
- Must have excellent writing, researching and editing skills.
- Copy editing (your work and others) for presentation on website and digital platforms.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly.
- Knowledge of and interest in international news.
- ENPS or other newsroom platforms.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and Photoshop, Google Maps, Fusion tables.
- Understanding of the social media universe and demonstrate creativity posting to social media.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques, Google Analytics and digital trends.
- Some familiarity with HTML and CSS.