Automotive Service Technician LAX
Los Angeles, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$28 - $32 per hour
A bit about us:
Service Technician is responsible for servicing of electric vehicles, which include diagnose and repair of EV drive system, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification. Preform occasional CHP inspections, plus completing open service campaigns.
Why join us?
- Full benefits
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform all EV preventive maintenance services and document accordingly.
- Control inventory levels to maintain functional service facility.
- Support cross functional teams and assist with pre-production vehicle builds.
- Improve efficiency in service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair.
- Support campaigns and containment initiatives.
- Ability to operate passenger shuttles for test drives and transporting between offsite venders.
- Handle advanced diagnostics troubleshooting of vehicle issue and perform repairs as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude to providing excellent customer service as a representative of employer.
- Responsible for documenting service department generated work orders.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition to maintain high-quality service.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as an automotive technician working in a dealership for major brand (heavy line technician preferred).
- Preferred EV/HV experience.
- ASE Master Certified technician preferred.
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Qualified individual must maintain his own technician standard level of tools to perform duties.
- Extensive working knowledge of automotive equipment and servicing methods.
- Be proficient with using Microsoft Office, and ability to learn service generated software programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English as it relates to the job requirements.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.