Appraiser Review Specialist
San Diego, CA
Managed by Jobot Pro
$90,000 - $120,000
A bit about us:
We are a small but fast-growing mortgage company located in San Diego, CA. We are looking to add an experienced Appraiser Review Specialist (SME) to join our origination team.
Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Accountable for quality assurance review of valuation products
- Accountable for all appraisal reviews once received from the appraisal desk and approve appraisals based upon USPA standards and request appraisal corrections prior to approval to underwriting on all appraisal reports. Corrections are to conditioned prior to release to underwriting.
- Identify, analyze and report deficiencies in the valuation product under review that is material and may impact the completeness, adequacy, relevance, and credibility of the appraisal report.
- Maintain knowledge of policy & procedures, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and regulatory guidelines, appraisal theory, and methodology governing the residential real property.
- Conduct desk reviews of appraisals for CU scores 3.0 or greater.
- Order field reviews as required or necessary for salability.
- Review, research and respond to agency repurchase demands within established timelines of 3 business days.
- Provide valuation services for various departments (Underwriting, Servicing, Secondary/Post Closing, etc.) as needed.
- Maintain appraisal and valuation service work files as required under USPAP.
- Provide appraisal and valuation-related information to Operations and Underwriting staff, management, vendors, and Investors.
- Provide administrative assistance for outsourcing desk and/or field reviews and other valuation services, as required by Underwriting and/or Investors.
What you will need:
- Appraisal desk review and Field review experience in a multi-state environment; multiple formats including narrative.
- Field experience – appraisals, field reviews, etc.
- Multi-unit experience a MUST. No exceptions
- Must have Encompass Experience is a MUST.
- Institutional (bank, mortgage company, etc.) experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and written communications skills; ability to clearly define and express valuation-related issues and potential resolutions.
- Strong verbal communication skills: the ability to work effectively and effectively with branches, underwriters, appraisers, customers, vendors, and all internal staff.
- Working knowledge of USPAP and agency (FNMA, FHLMC, HUD/FHA, USDA) appraisal guidelines
- Experience with responding to (or producing) agency repurchase demands.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to maintain deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum seven (7) years fully licensed (post-trainee)
- License level: certified – residential or general; license(s) must be maintained current and in good standing.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and Encompass
- General Certified or Residential Certified Appraiser in good standing with home state
- Minimum of 5 years appraisal field experience with complex property assignments
- Ability to obtain multiple state appraisal reciprocal licensing based on regulatory compliance needs.
- Thorough understanding of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, regulatory guidelines, appraisal theory, and methodology governing residential real property.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to deliver a clear and understandable message to a variety of audiences.
- Effective listening and comprehension skills
- Ability to research, analyze and resolve complex valuation issues.
- Ability to make swift and supported decisions.
- Comfortable with working independently and able to triage escalated deliverables appropriately
- Effective organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and maintain production goals
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office and keyboarding skills