Project Director - Top Rated California General Contractor
Mountain View, California
Managed by Jobot Pro
$180,000 - $225,000
We are a top rated general contractor who has been serving the Bay Area for decades. We are looking for a Project Director (or very Sr. Project Manager) to handle all of our South Bay projects. If you are looking for a premier company with some of the best projects in Silicon Valley, please read on!
A Project Director/Senior Project Manager is a Project Manager with the experience and expertise to assume a leadership role in his/her operating unit in addition to acting as Project Manager on individual projects of larger size or greater complexity. May supervise other project managers, monitoring their performance and project completion to ensure adherence plans and specifications and to company and owner objectives. Also, gives guidance to assigned Project Teams, acting as file leader for these Project Teams in some instances.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for the project
- participate in negotiating a projects prime contract
- leads the project team in preparing the Project Management Plan
- Plans the successful execution of the construction contract
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the projects budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
- Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management plans.
- Regularly visits the project site and monitors costs, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the Project Superintendent.
- Strong ability to manage complex projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent ability to resolve problems and issues with co-workers, owners, and subordinates
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes, tenant improvement project experience is very important
- Working knowledge of construction laws and practices
- Excellent understanding and ability to apply building codes and other design requirements