Operations Associate, Service- Sequoia Capital funded
Redwood City, California
Managed by Jobot Pro
$50,000 - $70,000
Operations Associate, Service
We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
We are making home improvement and maintenance effortless.
Everyday, hundreds of homeowners look to us to address problems in their home (from leaking faucets to brand new decks). Operations Associate helps make those requests a reality by talking to clients, understanding their needs and providing solutions. Our ops team is responsible for managing home improvement and maintenance projects from end to end on behalf of our clients. As an Operations Associate, you'll own individual clients and their projects, ensuring we understand their needs, build appropriate project scopes, convey to clients that they can trust us with their homes, and coordinate logistics in a rapidly moving environment.
The role requires a unique combination of skills: customer centricity, detailed organization, the ability to build rapport through written and verbal communication, and the skill to manage multiple stakeholders. The job is on the front lines and it’s performance-based. We have a culture of continuous improvement, so you'll be asked to take a critical eye towards the way we work, and challenge the status quo wherever you find opportunities for improvement.
We operate as a tightly knit SWAT team. Each member is expected to take ownership and responsibility for their work, but we're here to support one another when things get thorny. We take pride in the work we do, and we refuse to quit in the face of adversity.
Homeowners are (rightly so) protective of their homes and it requires a unique touch to ensure that our clients feel valued and fairly treated while also ensuring that we properly respect the Pros that are the face of the company in the home.
As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Owning home improvement and maintenance projects from end to end through focusing on wowing instead of pitching - instead of cold calls and LinkedIn touchpoints, you’ll focus on fulfilling inbound homeowner requests at lightning speed. You’ll never be asked to pitch a client something they didn’t already ask for.
- Managing multiple requests with an eye towards hitting targets.
- Communicating with clients to discover their underlying needs behind their home service requests.
- Designing and pricing appropriate project scopes for client needs.
- Coordinating with Pros to find the right service provider for our clients' needs.
- Managing project logistics between Pros and Homeowners.
- Ensuring that Pros are properly prepared for jobs. Sometimes small details can mean the difference between a 2 and 5 star experience, and this job requires an intense attention to detail.
- Communicating both in app (text) and often on the phone.
- Going over and above for our clients and Pros to let them know that we care (Ex: Sending gifts or cards).
- Occasional work on the weekends since homeowners are sometimes less available to chat between 9 and 5 and that can inhibit our ability to solve their problems and therefore achieve performance objectives.