San Francisco, California
Managed by Jobot Pro
$120,000 - $180,000
A bit about us:
Based in Northern California's Bay Area, we are an energy technology and engineering company whose breaking down the barriers of what clean energy is to the world. We are redefining how we protect our environment and ensure the quality of life continues to rise for everyone. How do we plan on doing it? We will commercialize fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be safely distributed safely, affordable, and flexible enough to adapt to the expansion of variable renewables! We use fully ceramic fuel which will keep it's integrity at extremely high temperatures, our nuclear air combined cycle let's us generate power to every unique scenario, and we are thorium free! We need a exceptional Mechanical Engineer with expertise relevant to thermal, structural, and mechanical design and testing. Your efforts will be focused on design and development programs for the FHR.
If you are a mechanical engineer that's passionate about clean energy for our planet, then please read on….
What can we do for you?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- 401(k) Match!
- Commuter Benefits!
- PTO/Flex Work Schedules!
- Extremely Competitive Benefits Package!
- Dependents Benefits!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Is your background a fit? We are looking for…
BS/MS with 5+ years experience and:
- 5+ years experience using analytical methods and FEA simulation to perform thermal and stress analysis
- Experience in machine shops is desirable
- Proficiency in CAD modeling
- Design and analysis of nuclear mechanical systems, maintenance, casks and shielding is a plus
- Division 5 of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessell code would be great
Why join us?
We can offer you the opportunity to work on State-of-the-Art nuclear energy technology and make a meaningful and important impact on today’s society and the next generation!