Mapping Algorithm Scientist
Managed by Jobot Pro
$150,000 - $250,000
A bit about us:
Based in Cambridge, MA - We are a well funded and growing start-up that is accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation. We have the backing of the largest automotive companies in the world, and are excited to work with them to get our technology out to the masses. We use radar to create a map of those subsurface signatures from which self-driving cars can navigate. Vehicles using our platform are unaffected by common but challenging road conditions like snow, heavy rain, fog, or poor lane markings.
As the primary mapping algorithms computer scientist, you will lead efforts around key algorithmic and engineering decisions for our radar-based map and sensor fusion-based localization algorithms. Your work will involve developing and driving the architecture for large scale multi-layer high definition maps for autonomous vehicle localization with a focus on radar maps.
Is your background a fit? We are looking for…
- Deep experience designing and developing high definition mapping systems.
- Deep working knowledge of fundamental metrics and physics associated with LIDAR, camera, and related sensors.
- 3 years or more experience working in high definition map design and development.
- Fluent in C++, ROS, and related programming languages.
- PhD or Masters in high definition mapping related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Experience working with radar.(preferred)
Nice to Haves:
- PhD or Masters in an autonomous vehicle mapping, localization, or sensor fusion related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Experience with Python, TensorFlow, and Matlab
- Experience with relational databases, especially PostGRES
- Experience working with radar data
This is a truly unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of something awesome. We are working with the largest auto companies in the world to develop and distribute this technology to the masses. Our team is radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles and we need smart, dedicated, and collaborative people to help us reach our goals.