A bit about us:
We are the premier source for reliable data and innovative risk evaluation services for the insurance industry. We started by providing objective data on fire-related property risk and have expanded to cover multiple risk factors to meet the industry's evolving needs. We help insurers and their customers. Insurers can more efficiently and effectively evaluate risk, and their policyholders feel confident that insurance rates are fair and non-discriminatory.Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- 401 K with generous company match
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick, and holiday schedule
- Life Insurance coverage
***Twice per month, we are offer a flex / free "off-day" that occurs on Mondays or Fridays***Job Details
Remote position. Must live in WA, OR, OR ID.
We currently have 5 software developers reporting to the software engineering manager. We are in growth mode and are looking to add another software engineer to our development team. This is a full stack position including front end, middle tier, back end, devops, cloud services, and QA/unit testing. We have a very Agile and collaborative environment using Scrum methodology (a Waterfall mindset would not work well here). The projects to work on are:
- app for field inspections with mobile capabilities
- new portal app for external customers built using React, .Net 5.0, and Azure with a cloud-first design
- data projects that are similar to Big Data and manipulate data in the cloud and extrapolate what you need
Who you are:
· Enjoy seeing your efforts have an outsized impact on the business and our customers.
· Build high-quality production-ready code in an agile environment.
· Enjoy collaborating with product, designers and other engineers to solve complex technology and business problems.
· Ensure delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration/delivery.
· Able to take business stories and work with your team to figure out what needs to be done to drive product forward.
· Motivated to develop cloud-native solutions with good design practices while finding opportunities to simplify and scale.
· An enthusiast for a DevOps environment across the organization in the pursuit to be operationally better every day.
· Engineer, test, deploy and support complex, full-stack software applications.
You should know some of the following:
- C#, OOD, ASP.Net MVC, .Net Core, .Net 5.0+
- Azure, Azure DevOps, ARM (Azure Resource Manager)
- React.js, Angular.js, TypeScript
- SQL Server, database design / schema, Big Data
- Unit testing, Integration testing, TDD, Agile development
- Docker, Kubernetes, Containerization, DevOps, CI/CD