A bit about us:
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a customer focused Software Engineer with Linux and C++ experience who can act as a Technical Account Manager for a leading Financial Industry Hardware/Software Product Manufacturer. This is a remote position located in the NYC area.
We are seeking a full-time, New York City-based Software Engineer / Technical Account Manager to serve as the primary interface between the company and fast moving, buy-side trading customers.
The position is responsible for proactively managing each customer’s deployed estate of company products used for the normalization and distribution of real-time market data.Why join us?
We offer an exciting and fast paced working environment.
We offer an above average and area competitive compensation and benefits package.Job Details
- Project management, educating customers on best practices associated with company hardware-accelerated appliances, as well as change management to deploy the latest product versions using global managed services infrastructure.
- Be the first point of contact (after the Service Desk) for providing quick response to problems, configuration changes, or software fixes as needed, and is the primary point of contact for critical issues.
- Serves as the incident manager for all operational issues that require escalation and coordination with customer technical teams. T
- Position involves providing technical support to customers and providing technical assistance to pre-sales engagements.
- Position involves planning and overseeing of upgrades and new deployments of company products.
- Provide technical support of all company products to customers and to company personnel (Sales, Field Engineering, Product Engineering).
- Deliver timely and clear status updates to customers and to company management.
- Work with Engineering, Product Engineering, and Field Engineering to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with the Operations team to resolve systems issues and communicate them effectively with the customer.
- Minimum BS Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in financial market data or other front-office financial technology is extremely beneficial.
- 15+ years of experience in the development or technical management of financial technology or enterprise data processing products.
- 10+ years of experience in the development or technical management of electronic trading applications.
- 10+ years of experience in customer engagement in pre-sales or post-sales support engineering.
- Experience in Trading floor support of production support of trading desks.
- Familiarity with current market data products, APIs, and system architectures is strongly desired; examples include Activ Financial, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, and SR Labs.
- Working knowledge of network communication protocols including: IP, UDP, and TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented design and C, C++, and/or Java programming languages.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent administrative and project management skills.