A bit about us:
With over 2 million clocks sold worldwide and thousands of products and time systems to choose from, you can trust us to have your timekeeping solution. And with a support team behind each solution, you can trust us to have the answer.Why join us?
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Engineering, 7-12 years (Required)
- Firmware, 7-12 years (Required)
- Location: Remote
The ideal candidate will be responsible for software design, testing, and engineering coordination tasks, and assists other engineers and designers in the field of clocks and wired and wireless clock systems. Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Tests, analyzes, and certifies software, including embedded firmware. Takes responsibility for completion and follow through of project activities and deliverables.
- Knowledge of computer architecture and embedded design
- Knowledge and familiarity of Ethernet and computer networking (wired and wireless)
- Knowledge and familiarity of software development tools
- Basic knowledge of radio frequency systems
- Ability to create computer programs for various purposes
- Knowledge of software design techniques, tools, models, and principle involved in production of technical plans
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Analysis (OOD and OOA)
- Ability to perform testing and report results using various software packages
Education and/or Experience:
MS/BS Degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering preferred and 7-12 years work experience. Basic knowledge of UL and FCC requirements. RF and embedded systems design experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Design and implement embedded firmware primarily written in C for various embedded processor platforms and applications
- Create solid maintainable code with excellent readability and documentation
- Evaluate and select software tools to use for a specific project or task
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Review software code of other software engineers, including from vendor partners, and audit the code for errors or omissions in documentation, flow, style, etc.
- Prepare hardware-software interface documentation
- Review final project/product documentation - review and approve work of other engineers and designers
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedure, programming, and documentation
- Analyze software code, project and system requirements
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Estimate workload and develop timelines for software development based on experience and input from software developers
- MS/BS Degree in Computer/Electrical engineering preferred. Basic knowledge of UL and FCC requirements. RF and embedded systems design experience preferred.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Web servers
- Experience with mobile apps
- Bootloader development.