A bit about us:
We are an innovative, energy storage technology company developing products for the Li-ion battery markets. We have developed a revolutionary low cost, high-capacity silicon anodes that enables high-capacity silicon batteries to enter mainstream markets. We support the E-mobility, consumer electronics, and aviation markets.Why join us?
- Great Benefits!
- Employee Stock Plan
- Cutting Edge R&D/ Manufacturing Environment!
As the Senior Battery Design Engineer you will be responsible for refining cell designs for our silicon anode & electrolyte innovations in next generation Li-ion battery cell platforms. You’ll work closely with the R & D team to optimize and adapt the technology to various cell formats, duty cycles, and requirements of customer targets and the associated manufacturing. The focus will include validation and design optimization with materials selection, electrode designs, and associated components for complete high performance balanced cell design!
- 3+ years of experience making Lithium-ion batteries
- Manufacturing Experience
- Experience with Cell fundamentals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Conduct materials, formulation, and design evaluations for new product versions or new generations of products, including active materials, additives, separator, and electrolytes
- Execute electrode & cell design optimizations to achieve customer/market requirements on performance, safety, reliability, and cost
- Run experiments based on DOE and Taguchi methodologies
- Test cells, analyze and summarize performance data, and use various electrochemical and materials analysis techniques to determine degradation mechanisms
- Perform FMEA and root cause analysis when necessary to achieve design and product goals
- Develop and validate component and assembly level specifications of electrochemical component materials and assemblies
- Work closely with R&D and manufacturing engineering to develop and document electrode and cell pilot processes, and support their transfer to production
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 3 + years of experience in Li ion battery design, development and optimization experience.
- Experience with cell lithium-ion battery materials, components, performance, impedance, cell testing/data analysis, and failure modes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with DOE, FMEA and Taguchi methodologies