A bit about us:
Come join the fastest growing Direct Lender in the state of California!Why join us?
- The Underwriter must have a comprehensive knowledge of Conventional loan program guidelines and have a thorough understanding of automated underwriting engines.
- Special care to review cash, income, credit and property issues must be taken.
- The Underwriter must be able and willing to train, coach and support staff as needed to enable them to provide complete, accurate and acceptable loan files for approval consideration.
- Solid Time Management skills and the ability to organize prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- A sense of urgency and importance is required at all times. Every accommodation must be made to provide the best, quickest and most efficient service to our internal and external clients.
- A positive “can-do” approach to every file submitted is expected. The goal is to find a way to approve every loan.
- An average of no less than 2.5 new files underwritten per day is mandatory.
- Underwriting turn time is to be no more than what is currently posted. All Conditions are to be reviewed within stated turn time for file.
- All Resubmissions are to be reviewed within posted turn times for conditions or new loan submission depending on reason for resubmission.
- All Funding Conditions are to be reviewed as they are presented, same day and within sufficient time to accommodate funding.
- Run or re-run DU/DO as necessary to complete underwriting review.
- The Underwriting checklist must be completed and in every file reviewed.
- Encompass must be accurate and updated throughout the day to reflect the current disposition and decision date.