A bit about us:
We are a Privately Owned Technology company that builds and designs the fastest polymer 3D printers for professionals and businesses of all sizes. Our technology is Revolutionizing traditional 3D printing productivity barriers and opening the aperture of additive materials.Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
As our R&D Engineer you will be responsible for supporting different projects in the department related to research, design, development improvement of products and processes for the current and future 3D printing solution. The work requires both understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering. This person will work as a process and development team member on cross-functional teams and design, prototype and test mechanical components used in 3D printing.
- Experience Designing components with SolidWorks
- Experience being hands on setting up tools and devices
- Experience connecting electrical circuits
- Experience setting up lab tools
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Inspects and leads all aspects of testing of prototypes, tools, and fixtures after fabrication to ensure that they meet requirements and specifications.
- Strong hands-on experience setting up prototype printers and R&D equipment which consist of electromechanical components including sensors, actuators, microcontrollers.
- Able to design, develop and implement mechanical tooling, fixturing, and measurement devices.
- Able to use electrical engineering tools for prototyping hardware troubleshooting.
- Creates and edits engineering technical reports, work instructions and procedures for process validation related documents.
- Supports basic engineering operations, and scientific evaluation on new technology concepts and product development.
- Conducts functional and performance testing of products to ensure that the product and its components meet the required specifications.
- Identifies issues and communicates status to peers and managers.
- Performs hands-on testing for design verification and test method developments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of CAD software for modeling and for reviewing and updating drawings is essential.
- Experience in one or more of the following: 3D printing, R&D in development, Process validation