A bit about us:
We are a leading provider of high-power ultra-broadband radio frequency (RF) amplifier solutions. We design and manufacture solid-state, high-power RF amplifier systems and modules for commercial, scientific, and military customers worldwide.Why join us?
- Cutting Edge Technology!
- Great Benefits!
- Collaborative Team Environment!
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Production Test Manager and partnering closely with our engineering teams, the RF Test Engineer develops and performs test solutions for RF products from concept through manufacturing release. They will supports product development evaluations and final product characterization testing, and works with the development team in providing test-ability planning, strategies and methodologies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- RF high-power solid-state amplifier design, using 1 MHz to 6 GHz simulation design tools, such as HFSS, AWR MWO and ADS, and using LDMOS, GaAs and GaN devices to > 1000W.
- Design and perform amplifier characterization under high-power conditions and the interaction of the amplifier integrated into the amp assembly.
- Perform complex test set-ups including inputs, outputs and metering requirements.
- Write test specifications and procedure as required. Specifications are normally outlined in ATP’s but may have to be modified to utilize equipment available and process standardization.
- Trouble-shoot, analyze, and repair failed units or returns from customers.
- Set-up and direct test personnel on in-process or final testing.
- Participate in the test and evaluation of prototype and pre-production with Engineering concurrence.
- Evaluate electrical requirements and recommend fixtures and test methods.
- Provide weekly reports as required.
- Use basic statistical tools, pareto charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams, to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS Electronics/Electrical Engineering and five+ years of experience or equivalent experience/education.
- One+ years’ experience as a Lead / Team leader in an electronics manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Must have knowledge of assembly drawings, parts lists, schematics, standard test procedures, wiring diagrams, electro-mechanical theory, RF test measurement instruments, etc.
- Must be capable of evaluating electrical requirements and recommending fixtures and test methods.
- Excellent communication skills.