A bit about us:
Located in Lucerne CA, we are a worldwide Leading Manufacturer for various industries, such as automotive, building materials, paper products and more. We are now seeking a strong Production Manager to join our fast growing team!
If you have 5-10 years as a Production Manager in a Manufacturing environment, please apply today!Why join us?
Competitive base salary, extremely competitive Bonus package, flexible work schedules, and accelerated career growth!Job Details
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives Operational Excellence initiatives
- Establishes and maintains an environment that utilizes the principles of
- Directs operations in a manner that enhances and fosters employee
engagement while meeting production and customer needs
- Manages a production planning and execution routine to meet market
demands of customer pull while a balance with maintenance planning
- Regularly interfaces with Sales and Marketing to ensure customers’ needs
are being met
- Must drive working with High Performance Work Systems approach and
be extremely proficient at working in a team environment and developing
subordinates to operate in a team environment.
- People Development: Work systems utilizing the Lean methodologies and OE
tools of standard work, daily management to improvement (kaizen) activity.
Leads subordinates in their developmental path and encourages planning,
execution, monitoring & reporting with learning from results.
- Directing, training, supervising, scheduling, and overall management of the
Mill circuits (Production & Maintenance) to ensure quality output at best
cost for delivery to customer needs. Coordinates with Quality Assurance to
ensure products are produced in accordance with specifications, ensures
compliance with in-process testing and sampling and ensures customer
- Maintains production rates to best utilize equipment and labor while
managing costs to budget.
- Establishes Standard work and visual management of both maintenance and
production activity to plan.
- Enhancing the Planned maintenance activity from lubrication, inspection,
routine replacement through failure mode analysis.
- Participates and assists in the design of capital projects at the Lucerne
- Directly responsible for maintaining good employee relations in accordance
with MTI philosophies.
- This includes ensuring the engagement systems and metrics (NRTR/PTRA,
Suggestions System, Near Miss Reporting & correcting) and ensuring
performance management and employee development feedback cycle is
transparent and executed.
- Builds a safe work culture committed to risk identification
& reduction, ownership & accountability, culminating in
execution of hazard identification and escalation of
- Acts as resource and champion for department continuous improvement
activities: Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving.
- Manages individual employee involvement in continuous
improvement activities to ensure equal opportunities are
available for all department members to participate and
- Promotes the development and advancement of the High-Performance
Work System in the department.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the development of Standard Work (SOPs), conduct gemba circuits,
lead safety & 5S audits.
- Responsible for overall utility (Power, fuel, propane, compressed air) use and
- Manages the automation technician to analyze and improve
automated circuits through the operation.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical or business field (Engineering Mgt,
Mechanical Engineer or similar)
- Minimum of five years of management experience in an industry-related field,
experience in diverse functional roles. A well-developed business
understanding, customer focus for both internal and external customers, strong
oral and written communication skills.