A bit about us:
We are a small but fast-growing mortgage company located in San Diego, CA. We are looking to add an experienced DE Underwriter to join our origination team. If you have experience with conventional and government loans and looking to take on a meaningful role while growing with a company this could be your career move!Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
What You Will Be Doing
· Perform a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
· Perform a thorough analysis of collateral to ensure the property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness is acceptable.
· Apply and interpret company underwriting guidelines and makes a sound credit decision.
· Complete credit, analysis of income, analysis of the property, ensures proper audits are completed and verifies consistency of loan file information.
· Identify risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies.
· Review and evaluate credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs.
· Determine any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements.
· Maintain ongoing knowledge of investor guidelines updates and trends as applicable to underwriting position.
· Complete second signature underwriting review on loan files underwritten by junior underwriters and within designated authority as needed.What You Need for this Position
5+ years recent experience in Underwriting