A bit about us:
We're a new kind of mortgage company taking a fresh approach to lending and developing consumer relationships. From digital solutions to transparent services, we're all about helping our clients, partners, and team members achieve the highest level of success when it comes to personal and professional accomplishments.
We're committed to building a distinct and inclusive team that's representative of our core values and clientele. Our underwriting department is proud to have obtained a 100% employee retention rate over the past five years!Why join us?
- Competitive salary w/ Bonus Per File
- Consumer Direct / Retail Model
- A working environment that breeds success, happiness, and community
- The newest and most innovative mortgage solutions
- Proximity to senior executives that will guide, teach, mentor, and challenge you to do better by being better
Responsibilities will include:
- Underwrite conforming residential mortgage loans
- Document and review all necessary financial information and documentation
- Ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents
- Review appraisal reports and property valuation
- Review income and expense data, asset documentation, and credit.
- Calculate qualifying ratios; determine creditworthiness; provide risk opinions.
- 5+ years of experience underwriting FNMA and FHLMC
- Understanding of procedures related to loan underwriting
- Proficient knowledge DU & LP/LPA
- Capable of handling multiple files simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Thorough understanding of mortgage underwriting compliance and ethical practices
- Expert in LOS systems (Encompass preferred)
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Incredibly organized
- Mathematical & Analytical skills