A bit about us:
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.Why join us?
- #1 Non bank mortgage servicer in the US
- #3 Largest mortgage servicer in the US
- Over 3M customers
- 9,000+ Team Members
- Stable organization, founded in 1994
- Casual culture that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- strong growth and professional development opportunities
- Aggressive PTO, holiday schedule and volunteer time off
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts for children
- Team member mortgage loan program offering great savings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Match and disability insurance
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for processing loans from set-up to closing by verifying, compiling and entering borrower information in to loan processing systems.
- Reviews loan application files to verify that all data is complete and meets standards, including the loan type and purpose, borrower assets, liabilities, and employment.
- Verify and analyze loan documentation including income, credit, appraisal, and title, while maintaining strict compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Interact with Mortgage Professionals to obtain information from the borrower or to seek clarification about documents in the loan file.
- Informs the Processing Manager of discrepancies in the file and obtains direction on how to proceed, as applicable.
- Record data to track the status of loans in processing.
- Submit loan application files to underwriting for approval, and creates and mails approval or denial letters to applicants.
- Submit approved mortgage loan files to closing for settlement.
- Responsible for handling non-public information (NPI) about borrowers.
- Adhere to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures, and protect the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Performs administrative duties such as faxing, photocopying, filing and phone support, as required, by Loan Processor II and Processing Managers.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service position. Prior experience involving multi-tasking and detail-oriented responsibilities.
- Previous experience with mortgage loan processing preferred.