A bit about us:
We are a full service direct mortgage lender who has been in business close to 40 years! We offer stability, a great company culture and are searchingg to bring on a processor to our team.Why join us?
Retail processor wanted!!Job Details
- Processes mortgages loans to ensure maximum efficiency. Provides technical guidance and training and monitors completed files for quality and compliance with all applicable regulations for junior loan processors.
• Receives new originated loans from loan officers and inputs application data into mortgage processing software.
• Collects and deposits up-front fees from clients and customers.
• Pre-underwrites files for assurance of accuracy, quality and compliance prior to submitting to underwriting.
• Ensures all files meet the necessary federal and state regulations and rules to ensure compliance.
• Verifies accuracy of all information provided by customers including credit and employment.
• Communicates with clients, customers, realtors, builders and various companies to obtain property survey, appraisal, flood certification, title commitment and insurance policy and all other necessary information to meet closing requirements.
• Apprises customer and realtor of loan status. Establishes a closing date, prepares loan closing sheet and submits file to loan closer.
• Works closely with closing area to resolve any processing issues that may arise.
• Provides professional and courteous service to clients, customers and employees.
• Promotes George Mason Mortgage’s image, products and services
• Responsible for complying with the various rules, regulations, policies and ethical standards governing the financial services industry including compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BOND & GRANT LOAN PROCESSING EXPERT
• In addition to the standard Loan Processor duties selected Processors may be designated as Bond & Grant loan program experts and will be responsible for the following:
• Develop and maintain standardized Processing procedures for the Maryland Mortgage Program, DC Open Doors, and other government sponsored programs as directed
• Coordinate with the GMM Closing and Underwriting Departments to ensure timely and efficient closings for customers utilizing these programs
• Maintain and update specific document requirements with the GMM Product Management Department
• Provide technical guidance and act as a subject matter expert for other GMM Processors.
• Conduct periodic training with GMM Ops personnel as new products are introduced or updates occur
• Review other Processor’s loans prior to submission to GMM Underwriting and/or external investor underwriting on an as needed basis
• Process these specific loan types for other GMM Branches with management approval.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
• High school diploma or GED required. Prefer Associate’s degree from two-year College or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of four to six years mortgage lending processing experience required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Federal and State regulatory requirements
• Knowledgeable of VA/FHA/FNMA/FHLMC Guidelines
• Knowledge of AUS Systems DU/LP
• Ability to perform mortgage lending calculations (debt ratio, income, loan to loan value ratio)
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• General PC proficiency and operating knowledge of standard office equipment.
• Ability to work flexible hours and overtime during peak business flow.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of tact in directing junior processors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Independent judgment in resolving complex problems and conferring with supervisor on only the most unusual cases with ability to perform in a high-volume environment.
• Knowledge of personal computer operations including word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Commitment to continuous education and self-development in industry-related courses.
ROUTINE DECISIONS AND FORMAL POLICY SETTING
• Assesses that loan meets investor guidelines
• Judges loan file for accuracy based on documentation received
• Formally responsible for providing input into policies associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.