A bit about us:
Based in San Jose, CA, we are the #1 leading developer of state-of-the-art camera video processors! We have been named the design company of 2018 by Semiconductor TODAY magazine for the automotive and consumer industries. Backed by over 120 patents we have invested in our long-term success by committing to the development of the future, big-name clients such as Lexus, Audi, and Ferrari.Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Extremely Competitive Full Benefits Package
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Accelerated Career Growth
Equity optionsJob Details
Embedded software developer, working with image processing/ video processing. Strong with Firmware, RTOS, and C.
Scripting experience in perl or python
Plusses: working with I2C, UART, automotive experience, BSP's, Open GL, etc.
Onsite in Toronto, Canada
Extended job description below.
Design, implement, test and document new system-level features
- Optimize system resources and video data path based on product use cases
- Integrate new image and video processing capabilities (warping, computer vision) from algorithm teams
- Develop, maintain camera control solutions over various interfaces (SPI, UART, CAN, Ethernet)
- Interface GEO’s camera processor to various systems hosts, integrate with 3rd party middleware
- Create and maintain tools for customers and developers
- Help bring-up, debug customer systems and issues
- BSc in computer science or electrical engineering
- 3+ years industry experience in firmware development in constrained environments
- Strong C programming and debugging skills in RTOS environments
- Experience with solving real-time embedded issues including threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl)
- Familiar with quality software development cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skills that would help differentiate:
- Experience working with Board Software Packages (BSPs)
- Understanding of I2C, UART, SPI and Ethernet protocols
- Working knowledge of graphics API such as OpenVG, OpenGL
- AUTOSAR system development experience
- Software development experience in automotive or other safety-critical industries
- Knowledge in various cryptographic authentications, hashing, encryption algorithms, secure key storage technologies
As a GEO team member, you have a passion for quality, leading-edge, robust and reliable products. You are highly motivated, hands-on, technology savvy with excellent interpersonal skills. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative and deep technical environment.