A bit about us:
We are a global powerhouse headquartered in the United States who specializes in state-of-the-art industrial facilities. We have multiple projects lined up over the next 10 years and are looking for a Construction Manager to oversee their completion. You will be running the entire process, from start to finish. These projects are very MEP heavy, so that is imperative to have in your background. If you are looking for a top company with lots of room for professional advancement, please apply!Why join us?
- Work on cutting-edge facilities
- Manage the construction process from start to finish
- Oustanding salaries provided
- Work local to your home
- Have a wonderful work-life balance
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with real estate professionals, engineers, architects etc. to manage the construction activities of the projects, including schedule, budget, invoicing, bid acquisition and leveling, etc.
- Daily interface with on-site construction managers and superintendents to execute the work.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach competitive agreements. Work with Procurement to arrange for direct purchase agreements with national vendors with negotiated discounts.
- Review pencil copy invoices in advance of invoice due dates with the Engineer/CM and Contractor. Track invoicing and payments, keeping the project on track.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities having jurisdiction.
- Work with Engineer and Contractor to plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Proven experience as construction project manager.
- Great MEP background
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, and construction management software such as Oracle Aconex.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field