A bit about us:
We are seeking a Senior Estimator with 10 plus years of experience and proficiency using ISQFT bid management software and Sage/Timberline), if this is you then please apply and get ready to interview!
We are a West Coast general contractor that specializes in highly technical commercial construction projects. With the experience and strength of a large contractor but provides the personal service and economy of a local builder. We deliver complex projects for world-class leaders in the life sciences, biotech, data center, healthcare, education, and technology sectors. Our diverse portfolio also includes education, retail, hospitality, and commercial projects for Fortune 500 clients. We’re consistently at the forefront of new construction methodologies and best practices. We have key specialists in all areas of construction, including preconstruction, design-build, Integrated Project Delivery, LEAN, Building Information Modeling, and sustainability. Our firm is comprised of industry veterans with decades of experience, and diverse visionaries who push the limits to discover better solutions.
We have been consistently recognized as the best workplace, and for our commitment to safety, sustainability, and community partnerships, We hire the very best in the construction industry and strives to create an environment that encourages innovation, responsibility, and client satisfaction. If you are looking to be a part of an open, supportive team and receive exciting challenges that promote personal and professional growth, look no further than We!Why join us?
* Competitive Compensation
* Base, Vehicle Allowance or Company Vehicle and Gas Card
* Open Vacation
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Pension plan
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition assistance
- Disability insurance
- Participate in evaluating, hiring, managing, and terminating estimating staff assigned to report to this position.
- Assigns day-to-day responsibilities for preconstruction personnel.
- Has management responsibility for preconstruction correspondence related to his/her assignments both internal and external to the company.
- Actively assists with the development, management, and implementation of preconstruction training, and assists in tracking/maintaining preconstruction personnel certifications and accreditations.
- Participates actively in company business development efforts to identify and track client and project pursuits.
- Uses experience, leadership skills, and knowledge of fundamental preconstruction processes to actively lead and manage the Preconstruction Department staff, in word and example.
Identify and appropriately mitigate risk associated with the business of preconstruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction, Building Science, or other equivalent construction program.
- Possess at least seven (7) years employed experience with a general contractor, with at least three (3) years of service dedicated to preconstruction.
- Be proficient and able to implement and train others on computer software programs used for pre-construction with particular emphasis on ISQFT bid management software and Sage 300 (formerly called Timberline) accounting and estimating software.
- Must possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency in all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities.