A bit about us:
Your career can really grow with this company! They focus on water/wastewater automation and offer great benefits. Work in a stable industry and grow your career and your earnings potential! In this role, you will be responsible for preparing proposals for existing customers, as well as bids for new prospects.Why join us?
- Competitive salary
- Health (+FSA), dental & vision coverage
- Student loan assistance
- ID theft protection
- Life insurance
- Develop complete estimates for complex Water/Waste Water Treatment projects
- Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop a plan for the actual construction to serve as the basis for the estimate.
- Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal department opinions.
- Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
- Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct investigations and adhere to standard company policy and procedures.
- Perform design work as required by the project that is beyond the estimator scope of experience; handle any major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods, and procedures that are developing in the industry.
- Prepare special engineering studies or reports required by certain bid items or conditions.
- Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, or construction-related technology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities described above
- 7+ years' experience leading estimates for Water/Waste Watter Treatment projects
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with complex EPC projects
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform duties in wide-ranging physical and climatic conditions, heights, and negotiation of complex stair structures